In 2017, our archives won the award for the Archives Association of Ontario Corporate Award. This award is given to organizations, corporations, or agencies of any kind that have been particularly supportive of archives and/or the archival community. Nominees may include:
- Organizations that have provided significant support to the promotion of education, publishing, and/or other professional activities (including mounting of programs on behalf of the archival community, provision of expertise, or direct financial contribution).
- Organizations that have provided significant support to the activities of a particular institution.
- Organizations that have demonstrated imagination or creativity in the use of archives.
In 2021, Mary Grace Kosta, our Congregational Archivist won two awards:
The James J. Talman Award from the Archives Association of Ontario: this award is given to individuals who have demonstrated an outstanding level of imagination and innovation in contributing to the profession, their institution, or the archival community, or who have challenged conventional thinking about archival work. For more information visit: James J. Talman Award
The Sr. Claude Lane, O.P., Memorial Award from the Society of American Archivists: this award recognizes an individual who has made a significant contribution to the field of religious archives. Selection criteria include:
- Involvement and work in the Archivists of Religious Collections Section of the Society of American Archivists;
- Contributions to archival literature that relates to religious archives;
- Participation and leadership in religious archives organizations; and/or
- Evidence of leadership in a specific religious archives.
We are proud to be an award winning archives!